Pool Covers & Winterization
Solid Winter Cover
- Made from tough polyethylene fabric. Tough, durable material. Won’t crack, split or tear from the cold!
- Lightweight - Easier to put on and take off the pool than heavier, bulkier vinyl covers. Takes up less room to store, too!
- "Hold-Tite" reinforced seams - Lasts longer! Won’t rip, fray or come apart.
- Double-folded self edge - Double-stitched with water, chemical and sun resistant thread.
- Made from the best material with the highest concentration of UV stabilizers to ensure your cover will last for years.
Mesh Winter Cover
- Polyethylene Woven Fabric
- 12x12 Weave
- Polypropylene Binding
- Aluminum Grommets
- Polyester - double stitched
Vinyl Water Tubes
- Water tubes are the best way to keep your pool cover secure all winter long. The water bags are manufactured from quality heavy gauge vinyl treated with UV inhibitors. Designed to withstand sub-zero temperatures!
For information on Winterizing your Pool read below:
- Be sure to follow all manufacturer’s winterizing instructions for your skimmer, filter, pump and decking. Follow pool chemical manufacturer’s instructions for treating your pool prior to and during the winter season.
- Balance your water chemistry. Make sure that your pH, Total Alkalinity, and Calcium Hardness are all balanced. By balancing your water chemistry you are protecting the surface of the pool from staining and etching. Adding a winterizing chemical kit to your water will help keep it blue and clear for the next season. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the kit.
- Drain pool 6" below return fitting. Choose a safe drainage area capable of accepting a large amount of pool water. CAUTION: Chlorine kills lawns and plant life. Choose drainage area carefully. Follow filter manufacturers instructions to drain pool to the lowest water mark on the skimmer faceplate. DO NOT attempt to drain pool lower using the filter and pump. The pump must be able to draw water from the pool to operate safely. If you run the pump with the water level so low that no water passes to the pump, the pump seal may be permanently damaged. Remove additional water by siphoning with several garden hoses or your vacuum hose until pool water is 6” below the return fitting.
- Skimmer. We strongly recommend, for the protection of your skimmer, liner and pool wall, that you purchase and install a Winterizing Kit. This kit will allow removal and storage of your skimmer and filtering system, and should eliminate any possibility of damage due to winter peril. REMOVING THE SKIMMER WITHOUT INSTALLING A WINTERIZING KIT COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE POOL WALL, LINER AND POOL INSTALLATION, AND VOIDS ANY WARRANTY. SKIMMER DAMAGE CAUSED BY FREEZING TEMPERATURES IS NOT COVERED BY PRODUCT WARRANTY.
- Return Fitting. Remove the return fitting ball by unscrewing the cover. Replace the ball with the shut-off disc supplied with the return fitting and reinstall the cover. NOTE: This shut-off disc can be useful for plugging off the return fitting should maintenance be required on the filter or pump.
- Filter and Pump. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for winterizing. Clean and store all pool components indoors in a clean, dry area for the winter season. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for spring start-up.
- Install a Winter Cover on your pool to keep water clean and free from dirt, leaves and debris.